Wednesday, April 11, 2018

OK Go

I recently attended a conference presentation given by Janet Moore, a professor at Illinois State University. In her presentation, Moore shared strategies of how the OK Go videos can be used to teach math and science. I have always been a fan of the OK Go videos -- such creativity! -- so this was an especially exciting presentation for me. I left her presentation with many ideas to share with our math and science teachers.

Here are some of the handouts that she shared:
She also shared what she called "OK Go Kids Fan Videos".
Recently, OK Go partnered with the Playful Learning Lab at the University of St. Thomas to create the OK Go Sandbox. The purpose of the Sandbox is to provide teachers with tools to connect the OK Go videos with what students are learning in the classrooms.  I haven't had a chance to fully check out the Sandbox yet (that will most likely be a summer project), but from what I've seen I can't help but wish this was around when I was learning science.

No comments:

Post a Comment